Work with frottage, a technique in which a rubbing is taken of a surface creating a textured effect to make a collection of papers to use in design work. Develop design inspiration using mark making, layered papers and colour washes to create expressive compositions on a variety of background surfaces. Explore subtle colour combinations using a limited palette of acrylic paint, adding depth and contrast with subtle colour layers and further collage. The surfaces can be developed and incorporated into your own working practice in mixed media and stitch
- Mark making
- Resist and wash
- Use of collage to alter the surface
- Colour mixing using a limited palette
Complete beginner No
Highly specialised Yes
Materials are not included in your course fee. Some materials will be provided by the tutor. The approximate cost of these will be £4, payable to the tutor during the course. The items you will need to bring with you are listed below. The tutor may not have facilities to take card payments, so please bring cash or a cheque to pay for these.
Please Bring With You
- A selection of brushes for use with acrylic paint, include a number 10 or 12 round brush if you have one.
- A sketchbook pen and pencil for notes and compositional development.
- Apron or overall, please wear suitable clothing
We advise that you do not buy any materials required for a course more than two weeks in advance, because occasionally a course is cancelled due to low enrolment