Look at how to cut and pipe your cushion front, insert a zip into the back of the cushion and join to give a professional looking plump cushion with no 'ears'!
- Sizing fabric for your cushion pad
- Placing pattern for optimum impact
- Piping your cushion and inserting a zip
This course is designed for a range of abilities including beginners. You will need how to use your own sewing machine as this will not be covered in the course.
Materials are not covered int he course fee.
The items you will need to bring with you are listed below.
If you have additional tools and materials that you would like to bring with you if you are very keen to use them, then please do so if you wish. You may not need to use them however – the tutor has listed all your essential needs for this particular course above.
We advise that you do not buy any materials required for a course more than two weeks in advance, because occasionally a course is cancelled due to low enrolment.
We do not have the facilities to take card payments for materials in the workshops. Please remember to bring cash or your cheque book if your course involves buying materials from the tutor.
Please Bring With You
- Cushion pad – I suggest nothing bigger that 40cms x 40 cms (smaller if possible), as you will probably not have time to finish it. It is up to you what filling you want to use although feather is much nicer than foam.
- Fabric to cover the pad. This could just be calico to practice on, or something with a simple pattern or a panel of your own work at least 2cms larger than the size of the front of the pad – this will be trimmed to the final size. Plain fabric for the back and piping (calico weight) 1/2m will be plenty.
- Toning Zip – 23cms will be fine for the larger cushions
- Toning machine thread
- Piping cord (I can bring some which will be 25p per metre)
- Sewing machine including a general foot, piping foot and zip foot
- General sewing equipment
Timings & Refreshments
The course starts at 10am and finishes at 4.30pm. Please aim to arrive between 9.30 and 9.45am to allow for a prompt 10am start. Fresh ground coffee and a range of teas are provided all day, along with homemade cookies in the morning, a complimentary sandwich lunch and cake in the afternoon.
SPECIAL DIETS: As peoples' allergies, intolerances, special diets and preferences are so many and varied, we are not able to cater for these. However, we will be able to cater for a gluten free diet so please tell us on arrival if you need a gluten free option