Focus on abstract qualities within, less is more; define and simplify shape and form, colour, texture and line to generate personal designs from your chosen source. Develop thoughts through imaginative design work on paper, taking this through to layered surfaces with papers, fabrics, threads, fibres and painterly coloured mediums, creating unique tactile pieces to work with experimental free machine stitch. Explore the potential of line colour and texture in mixed media and stitch.
- Working with line, texture and colour
- Painterly techniques, use of colour and acrylic mediums
- Free machine stitch
Complete beginner No
Highly specialised Yes
Materials are not included in your course fee. Some materials will be provided by the tutor. The approximate cost of these will be £5, payable to the tutor during the course. The items you will need to bring with you are listed below. The tutor does not have facilities to take card payments, so please bring cash or a cheque to pay for these.
Please Bring With You
- Collect inspiration, take an abstract view of formations and surfaces found in the landscape, use a camera or a sketchbook if you prefer, search out the places where rock and earth are exposed; on the shore rock pavements and cliffs, estuaries and mud flats, heath land and moor, field and farmland, the choice is yours.
- A number 10 or 12 round brush for use with acrylic paint, if you wish bring a small selection of your favourites if you have them.
- Sewing machine with drop feed and embroidery/darning foot
- Selection of machine threads relating to your chosen source.
- Basic sewing kit, scissors, spare machine needles, pins etc.
- Apron/ overall, please wear suitable clothing.