Using a restrained colour palette work with a series of print blocks and painterly mark making to create a selection of surfaces to fragment, overlay and develop. Explore surfaces created, simplify, abstract and fragment. Think abstraction, work intuitively through a random system of placement creating highly individual arrangements of small abstract collages to work into with simple hand stitch.
- Painterly print techniques
- Colour mixing
- Mark making in print and hand stitch
- Placement and arrangement
Complete beginner No
Highly specialised Yes
Materials are not included in your course fee. Some materials will be provided by the tutor. The approximate cost of these will be £5, payable to the tutor during the course. The items you will need to bring with you are listed below.
Please Bring With You
- A selection of brushes for use with acrylic paint, include a number 10 or 12 round brush if you have one.
- Needles for hand stitch, pins and scissors, optional small number of hand stitch threads; a selection of threads will be supplied for student use.
- A sketchbook pen and pencil for notes and compositional development.
- Apron or overall, please wear suitable clothing.
We advise that you do not buy any materials required for a course more than two weeks in advance, because occasionally a course is cancelled due to low enrolment