ONSITE The Breaking Wave in Pastel - Sat 20th July 2024
Included in each day:
- Five hours of expert tuition
- Homemade cookies on arrival
- Filter coffee & selection of teas free all day
- Freshly prepared lunch
- Homemade afternoon tea
- Ample Free Parking
- Free WiFi
- Easy ground-floor access
Only 1 left!
This workshop will introduce you to the fantastic versatility of pastel. Not having to wait for paint to dry or having to mix colours gives you plenty of time to enjoy the session. Clive will work on his own piece during the session so students can observe the process of development using this versatile and accessible medium, whilst offering abundant guidance along the way. You will be shown a variety of methods and techniques of pastel application to help you convey the power and beauty of a breaking wave in a rewarding and convincing manner.
- Different types of pastels and their effects
- Various methods of application
- Layering the pastels
- Blocking in
Materials are not included in your booking fee.
The tutor will supply the pastelmat to work on at £2 per sheet. He will also have for sale a limited range of pastels of some of the required colours needed for the course that are not normally supplied in starter sets to be payable to the tutor on the day. The tutor may not have the facilities to take card payments for materials in the workshops. Please remember to bring cash or your cheque book.
Please Bring With You
- Please bring a good selection of good quality soft pastels (Clive uses UNISON soft pastels - the short chunky ones with a paper band around) and a light blue pastel pencil. A few favourite soft pastels will be available for students to purchase.
- Small brush – 1cm approx. (to brush away excess pastel)
- Kitchen towel
- Wet wipes
- Soft putty rubber
- Small cotton cloth (to wipe hands)
- Masking tape
We advise that you do not buy any materials required for a course more than two weeks in advance, because occasionally a course is cancelled due to low enrolment.