ONSITE Harbours & Boats in Pastel - Sat 20th & Sun 21st April 2024
Included in your day:
- Five hours of expert tuition
- Homemade cookies on arrival
- Filter coffee & selection of teas available free all day
- Freshly prepared lunch
- Homemade afternoon tea
- Ample Free Parking
- Free WiFi
- Easy ground-floor access
Only 1 left!
During this workshop you will be shown how to capture the beauty of a restful harbour scene in a painting twice the size of Clive's usual demonstration piece. With the low sunlight catching the harbourside buildings and the returning boat producing intriguing reflections in the gently moving water as you look down from the quayside, there will be plenty to challenge you and enjoy over the two days. You will be shown some simple and fascinating techniques of pastel application and with abundant group and individual guidance you will create a beautiful image to take back home.
- Different types of pastels and their effects
- Layering and blending
- Various methods of application
Materials are not included in the booking fee. The tutor will supply the pastelmat to work on at £4 per sheet. He will also have for sale a limited range of pastels of some of the required colours needed for the course that are not normally supplied in starter sets to be payable to the tutor on the day. The tutor may not have the facilities to take card payments for materials in the workshops. Please remember to bring cash or your cheque book.
Please bring with you
- A board large enough for the paper which is 50cm x 35cm
- A good selection of decent quality soft pastels
- In your selection please include the main colours you see in the picture on top of the page
- Pastel pencils: White, dark grey, very dark brown and any others you may have.
- A few favourite pastels will be available for students to purchase
- Small brush – one centimetre approx (to blend and brush away excess pastel)
- Wet wipes
- Cloth to dry hands
- Masking tape
- Apron if you wish
- Any nice reference photos you have featuring harbour scenes and boats.
We advise that you do not buy any materials required for a course more than two weeks in advance, because occasionally a course is cancelled due to low enrolment.