ONSITE Drawing for the Terrified - Sat 1st & Sun 2nd June 2024
Included in each day:
- Five hours of expert tuition
- Homemade cookies on arrival
- Filter coffee & selection of teas available free all day
- Freshly prepared lunch
- Homemade afternoon tea
- Ample Free Parking
- Free WiFi
- Easy ground-floor access
Are you terrified of drawing but have a secret longing to learn how to do it? Then enrol on this workshop where Richard will guide you through certain processes slowly, gently and step by step. The course programme starts with your experimenting with the particular methods of learning how to see perceptually. Thereafter, you will be able to record your observations on the first day in monochrome and then, on the second day, in colour.
To keep your terrors at bay you will remain with this simple still life group for the duration of the course. Once you have learned that certain principles and practices of drawing perceptually, you will be able to draw other subjects at home with renewed inspiration, enthusiasm and skill. After all, this class is your first step towards a lifetime’s adventure. As John Ruskin said, 'I would rather teach drawing so that my pupils may learn to love nature, rather than teaching the looking at nature that they may learn to draw'
Please Bring With You
- N.B.Items marked wth * means that Richard, your tutor, will possibly have some spares of these items for you to borrow at no extra charge so long as he remembers to bring them !
- Four drawing board clips or bull dog clips *
- A pad or a few sheets of A4 sized (approximately) white cartridge paper
- A 2B pencil
- Putty rubber
- One orange, one apple, one onion and three grapes
- Two right-angled ‘corners’, cut from stiff card (e.g. empty cereal packet) in the shape of the capital letter L approximately 8 inches in both directions and approximately 1 inch wide. (It is to become your viewfinder) *
REQUIREMENTS FOR DAY TWO
- Two drawing board clips *
- One green apple ( e.g. a Granny Smith ), one orange and three purple grapes.
- Six good quality coloured pencils in the following colours: crimson and scarlet reds, ultramarine and cerulean blues and lemon and cadmium yellows.
- Caran D’Ache are the best in the whole wide world and can be purchased individually on line.
We advise that you do not buy any materials required for a workshop more than two weeks in advance, because occasionally a course is cancelled due to low enrolment.