ONLINE Sketching: Tips & Techniques for Beginners and Refreshers - Starts Tues 16th January 2024 at 2pm
Included in this ONLINE class:
- 6 hours of live, expert tuition in a small & friendly class
- Unlimited access to watch again until 6th April 2024
- High quality, downloadable reference materials & examples
- Opportunities to seek feedback from your tutor & connect with fellow students via our online blackboard
BOOKING DEADLINE: Tues 2nd January at 12pm UK TIME
Tutor: Pat Southern-Pearce
Class timings (UK time)
Equipment & materials list
Pat teaches many things to many people, all over the world, but has never offered a tips and techniques course before. She is known far and wide, not just for her unique style of mixed media sketching, but for her warm understanding too; the generosity of her sharing, the strength, simplicity and inspiration of her skills-based teaching …and her enthusiasm and energy.
These four sessions, the first of a whole series of upcoming online classes with us here at Ardington, will bring you all of this. Each session will have advice, sharing, demos and draw-alongs. Your confidence will grow. There’ll be eureka moments and what you learn along with Pat, will stay. Join us - you’ll love it - beginner or not.
The syllabus for this course will be as follows:
- Week 1: How can you make the most of a plain white background? No paint - just drawing
- Week 2: Making your own pre-prepared backgrounds: endless potential, easy…..and fun
- Week 3: Where to draw? What to draw? Simple pointers and easy ways in.
- Week 4: Focus, balance and fitting it on the page. Composition simplified and extras to look for.
All Ardington ONLINE classes and talks are accompanied by their own online blackboard. Helpful and easy to use, they enable students and tutors to share resources, ideas and photos with each other – just as you would in a classroom environment.
Pat will offer feedback via the blackboard for any work uploaded by students within thirty days of the class ending. You will be sent the link to access your blackboard in the week before your class begins and will have access for at least sixty days after the class ends.
After the live session has finished on Zoom, we will share the link to view the recording on the blackboard. You can watch the recording as many times as you like for sixty days.
We suggest that you do not buy any specialist materials more than one week in advance as, occasionally, a class may be cancelled due to low enrolment.