ONSITE The Oil & The Olives in Pastels - Sun 21st July 2024
Included in each day:
- Five hours of expert tuition
- Homemade cookies on arrival
- Filter coffee & selection of teas available free all day
- Freshly prepared lunch
- Homemade afternoon tea
- Ample Free Parking
- Free WiFi
- Easy ground-floor access
The idea of painting glass and oil with the matt medium of pastel can seem rather daunting. During this workshop we will focus on the shape, colours and form of the subject, then with just a few highlights, a realistic representation of glass will magically appear. You will be shown some simple and fascinating techniques of pastel application and with abundant group and individual guidance you will create a beautiful image to take back home.
- Different types of pastels and their effects
- Layering and blending
- Various methods of application
Materials are not included in the booking fee. The tutor will supply the Pastelmat to work on at £2 per sheet. He will also have for sale a limited range of pastels of some of the required colours needed for the course that are not normally supplied in starter sets to be payable to the tutor on the day. The tutor may not have the facilities to take card payments for materials in the workshops. Please remember to bring cash or your cheque book.
Please bring with you
- A good selection of decent quality soft pastels
- In your selection please include the main colours you see in the picture on top of the page
- Pastel pencils – White, very dark brown and any others you may have.
- A few favourite pastels will be available for students to purchase
- Small brush – one centimetre approx. (to blend and brush away excess pastel)
- Wet wipes
- Cloth to dry hands
- Masking tape
- Apron if you wish
- Any interesting reference photos of similar subjects you may have.
We advise that you do not buy any materials required for a course more than two weeks in advance, because occasionally a course is cancelled due to low enrolment.