STUDY: Trees in Indian Miniature Painting - Starts Tues 16th April 2024 at 2pm
Included in this ONLINE course:
- 12 hours of live, expert tuition in a small & friendly online class
- Weekly homework & practice
- Tutor feedback on all submitted tasks
- Unlimited access to watch again until 20th July 2024
- High quality, downloadable reference materials & handouts
- Opportunities to connect with your tutor & fellow students via our online platform
BOOKING DEADLINE: Tues 4th April at 12pm UK TIME
Tutor: Samantha Buckley
Class timings (UK time)
This course is the second in our brand-new STUDY programme; a range of longer courses, running over a number of weeks, exploring our most popular subjects in greater depth. Combining tutor-led live classes with elements of self-study, these courses are designed to stretch and challenge you, whilst maintaining the small & friendly learning environment we are known for.
This wonderful course is made up of six, two-hour classes and will cover all aspects of Indian miniature painting. You will be working each week to create a selection of beautiful Indian trees using reference materials chosen by Samantha. The syllabus includes:
- Paper preparation, tea staining and burnishing
- Painting techniques including colour flooding, blending, and textural painting
- The delicate shading technique of Prataj, using a squirrel hair brush, for intense colour and fine detail
- Gold work - both leaf and shell gold.
Each lesson will have specific focus, the skills from which will be further practiced during the homework assignments. Samantha will review and critique any work you submit throughout the course..
All Ardington ONLINE classes and talks are accompanied by their own online class page. Helpful and easy to use, these private pages enable students and tutors to share resources, ideas and photos with each other – before, during, and after class.
Samantha will offer personal feedback for any work submitted via the class page within thirty days of the class ending. The link to access the page will be shared via email in the days leading up to the class.
We suggest that you do not buy any specialist materials more than one week in advance as, occasionally, a class may be cancelled due to low enrolment.