Please aim to arrive from 9.30 - 9.45am to allow for a prompt 10am start. The class finishes at 12.30pm when your complimentary lunch is served.
Fiction is real. You will be given tools and tips to make any fictional story come to life. How to go from draft to finished manuscript; how to segment chapters, ensure believability and authenticity of settings and characters, broaden your vocabulary (colloquialism, slang, linguistic), evoke a specific ambience or mood and more...
- How to construct a manuscript outline
- How to establish locations & timelines
- How to develop enticing characters
- The pace of dialogue and narrative
- The importance of researching historic aspects
- How to nail plot twists
- How to verbally visualise for emotional impact
- Sub-genres of fiction: fantasy, sci-fi, historic fiction
This is a taster course for all levels to also expand your creative thinking as a writer.
Please Bring With You
- Pens, pencils, rubber, highlighter pen
- Sticky Notes