ONSITE Mixed Media Botanical Books - Thur 12th September 2024
Included in each day:
- Five hours of expert tuition
- Homemade cookies on arrival
- Filter coffee & selection of teas available free all day
- Freshly prepared lunch
- Homemade afternoon tea
- Ample Free Parking
- Free WiFi
- Easy ground-floor access
A fun day playing with a variety of low-tech printing and transfer methods to create simple books exploring the theme of leaves, plants & seedheads.
We will be using tape for simple transfers, creating line monoprints, and printing with found objects and gel plates to create a lovely little botanical book...... a perfect reference piece of techniques or an artists book in its own right.
No previous experience needed ….this is a playful experimental approach to working with print and mixed media. Lots of demos and step-by-step instruction.
Skills / Techniques Covered
- Creating books from a single sheet of paper
- Using gel plate and monoprinting techniques
- Simple image transfer
- Combining and layering various media
Materials are not included in the booking fee. Some materials will be provided by the tutor. The approximate cost of these will be £5 payable to the tutor during the workshop. The items you will need to bring with you are listed below:
Students - please bring
- Lightweight white paper – such as photocopy paper or thin cartridge – for printing onto.
- Feel free to bring coloured, handmade papers or book pages with you if you want to experiment)
- The tutor will bring heavier paper to create the base for the books and deli paper
- Acrylic paints – primaries, plus any other colours you may have (the tutor will bring some metallics and pearlescent colours)
- Oil pastels if you have them (not essential – the tutor will bring some)
- Acrylic matt medium (the gel sort, not fluid – Pebeo do a good cheap one) or PVA glue
- Mixing palette /old plate, brushes (whatever you have),
- Kitchen sponge, kitchen roll,
- Found objects for printing – such as leaves & seedheads (small – our books are going to be approx. A6 size when finished)
- Any stencils you have and may wish to use (the tutor will also bring some)
We advise that you do not buy any materials required for a course more than two weeks in advance, because occasionally a course is cancelled due to low enrolment.