ONSITE Linoprinting for Christmas - Thur 14th November 2024
Included in each day:
- Five hours of expert tuition
- Homemade cookies on arrival
- Filter coffee & selection of teas available free all day
- Freshly prepared lunch
- Homemade afternoon tea
- Ample Free Parking
- Free WiFi
- Easy ground-floor access
Learn some simple printing methods using easy lino-cutting techniques, together with simple stamps to make greetings cards, tags, decorations and festive boxes in this structured but relaxed workshop. You will create simple printing plates from soft-cut lino to produce designs suitable for making a range of festive items quickly and easily.
Brown parcel paper or coloured paper can be decorated with a repeat pattern using simple stamps to make unique gift wrap or origami boxes and, of course, there are endless paper printed items such as cards, tags, place-settings, decorations etc. that can be made using these simple techniques. Fabric such as calico or cotton print up beautifully to make festive fabric decorations and small cloth gift bags…..please note that any stitching will need to be done at home as this is primarily a printing workshop – however, the tutor will demonstrate the steps needed for completing fabric items.
A smattering of glitter and a touch of gold and silver paint will give everything a festive feel – a fun and informal workshop for everyone!
Specific skills you will learn at the workshop:
- Creating designs suitable for printing onto paper & cloth
- Making printing plates from soft-cut lino,
- Materials & tools for getting the best results when hand-printing
- A variety of inking & printing techniques
Materials are not included in the booking fee. Some materials will be provided by the tutor. The approximate cost of these will be £8.00 payable to the tutor during the workshop.
The items you will need to bring with you are listed below:
Students - please bring with you:
- Inspiration to use as starting points (the tutor will also bring templates for you to work from if you wish) – we will be working approx. A6 size or square (max. size 14 x 14 cm)
- Any light to medium weight papers you would like to print on – coloured, handmade or white
- The tutor will bring tissue, and photocopy paper plus a small amount of calico per student
- The tutor will also bring a small number of blank cards and envelopes for each student but please feel free to bring your own
- Kitchen roll, scissors / craft knife, ruler, pencil, biro, glue stick
- Apron or old clothes
- The tutor will provide printing inks and tools for you to use on the day.
- If you have your own rollers and lino-cutting tools feel free to bring them
We advise that you do not buy any materials required for a course more than two weeks in advance, because occasionally a course is cancelled due to low enrolment.