ONSITE Sketching Spring Landscapes with Pen & Wash - Thur 21st March 2024
Included in your day:
- Five hours of expert tuition
- Homemade cookies on arrival
- Filter coffee & selection of teas free all day
- Freshly prepared lunch
- Homemade afternoon tea
- Ample Free Parking
- Free WiFi
- Easy ground-floor access
This is a one-day workshop that will show you how to sketch landscapes which feature the fresh, sunny colours and textures of spring. Using photographs as reference you will be shown how to sketch springtime trees, hills, fields and other landscape features with pen and watercolour wash. By the end of the day, you will have produced a couple of sketches.
Skills & Techniques Covered
- Achieving texture with the pen
- Cross hatching
- Mark making
- Colour mixing
- Light and dark
Materials are not included in the booking fee. The items you will need to bring with you are listed below:
Students - please bring:
- An A4 or equivalent size 140lb (300gsm) cold pressed (Not surface) watercolour paper pad.
- Watercolour paint in either tubes or pans. If bringing tubes, then you will need a palette.
- Basic set of recommended colours: Ultramarine Blue, Cobalt Blue (optional), Cadmium Yellow Pale, Lemon Yellow (optional), Burnt Sienna, Raw Sienna (or Yellow Ochre), Alizarin Crimson
- One black waterproof pigment ink pen; size 03, 04 or 05.
- Recommended makes: Edding Profipen, Pilot DR, Faber Castell Pitt, Sakura Pigma Micron.
- One size 8 or 10 and one size 2 or 4 round watercolour brush
- Container for water (jam jar is fine)
- 2B pencil
We advise that you do not buy any materials required for a course more than two weeks in advance, because occasionally a course is cancelled due to low enrolment.