ONLINE Papercraft for Christmas - Wed 6th December 2023 at 10am
LAST MINUTE PLACES AVAILABLE
BOOKING DEADLINE EXTENDED: Wed 6th December at 8am UK TIME
If you wish to take part but are unable to attend the workshop demo live, please select the recording only option below.
All students will be given access to watch our video playback service of this workshop for 60 days.
Wed 6th December 10am - 12pm
This LivePlus™ online workshop is suitable for everyone and will be packed full of inspiration for Christmas. There will be elements of optional work-along for those that wish to take part.
Learn some simple papercraft techniques to make greetings cards, decorations, festive gift-boxes & wreaths in this structured but relaxed workshop.
Using a range of festive papers we will spend a fun and absorbing couple of hours creating a variety of easy projects to decorate your home, give to friends or simply keep for yourself!
From a simple card-making technique (that looks like you’ve done something complicated!) to a traditional gingerbread house (no baking involved!) this workshop is the perfect antidote to the hustle and bustle of the festive season.
So grab a mince pie, gather your materials (don’t forget the glitter!) and join us for a spot of Christmas crafting. No experience necessary….fun, simple and quick techniques to get you ready for Christmas.
Specific skills you will learn at the workshop
- Creating designs for paper gingerbread tealight houses
- Making paper-based wreaths and decorations
- Iris-Folded Christmas cards
- Making gift-boxes and decorative packaging
Equipment & materials list
Materials are not included in the course fee. All the materials and equipment you will need are listed below.
- Lightweight card or heavyweight cartridge paper
- Blank cards & envelopes
- Brown parcel paper
- Selection of festive papers such as Christmas giftwrap / paper napkins / printed and plain papers etc.
- PVA glue / glue stick / Sellotape / small foam self-adhesive squares (sticky fixers)
- Scissors or craft knife
- Ruler & pencil
- Paper raffia (for wreath or mini-wreath decorations)
- Wreath frame or mini-wreath shapes cut from sturdy cardboard such as corrugated box
- Glittery or metallic thread / string / ribbon for hanging things
- White /metallic pens such as Posca pen
- Glittery pens or paint
- Blank decoration shapes made from card or clay /plaster
Links to suppliers
All Ardington ONLINE classes and talks are accompanied by their own online blackboard. Helpful and easy to use, they enable students and tutors to share resources, ideas and photos with each other – just as you would in a classroom environment.
Karen will offer personalised critique / feedback via the blackboard for any work uploaded by students within thirty days of the class ending. You will be sent the link to access your blackboard in the week before your class begins and will have access for at least sixty days after the class ends.
After the live session has finished on Zoom, we will share the link to view the recording on the blackboard. You can watch the recording as many times as you like for sixty days.
We suggest that you do not buy any specialist materials more than one week in advance as, occasionally, a class may be cancelled due to low enrolment.