ONSITE Stained Glass Copper Foil Lanterns - Sun 13th October 2024
This workshop involves the use of lead and IS NOT SUITABLE for pregnant women, anyone who might be pregnant or nursing mothers.
Included in your day:
- Five hours of expert tuition
- Homemade cookies on arrival
- Filter coffee & selection of teas free all day
- Freshly prepared lunch
- Homemade afternoon tea
- Ample Free Parking
- Free WiFi
- Easy ground-floor access
Make a colourful stained glass lantern using copper foil. From a selection of prepared patterns, you will learn how to cut glass, apply the copper foil tape and then solder the panels together. We will make panels for up to three sides of the lantern. The ‘door’ side will be filled with one whole piece of glass. There will be demonstrations of each technique and individual guidance.
- basic practise cutting on plain glass
- selecting and cutting coloured glass
- using copper foil to prepare the glass pieces
- soldering the glass pieces together into panels
- fixing the panels into the lantern frame
Material costs are not included in your booking fee. The tutor will provide all the tools and materials necessary.
The cost for making one lantern is £38 (which includes the cost of the lantern). This is payable to the tutor at the end of the day and cash and card payments are welcome.
Students Please Bring
- An old tea towel or some scraps of fabric to clean glass with
- A pair of thin surgical gloves – if you have them
- Please do not wear sandals or open toe shoes!