ONLINE - STUDY: Starting Out in Calligraphy - Starts Mon 8th January 2024 at 2pm UK time
Included in this ONLINE course:
- 18 hours of live, expert tuition in a small & friendly class
- Weekly homework & practice tasks
- Tutor feedback on all submitted assignments
- Unlimited access to watch again until 10th May 2024
- High quality, downloadable handouts
- Opportunities to connect with your tutor & fellow students via our online blackboard
BOOKING DEADLINE: Fri 22nd December at 12pm UK TIME
Tutor: Cheryl Tefft
Starts Mon 8th January 2pm - 4pm (UK time)
The classes take place every Monday from 8th January through to 11th March. There is no class on Monday 12th February.
Equipment & materials list
This course is the first in our brand-new STUDY programme; a range of longer courses, running over a number of weeks, exploring our most popular subjects in greater depth. Combining tutor-led live classes with elements of self-study, these courses are designed to stretch and challenge you, whilst maintaining the small & friendly learning environment we are known for.
‘Starting Out in Calligraphy’ with Cheryl Tefft is an exciting nine-week series aimed at complete beginners and those who may have dabbled a little with their pens in the past. During the course, students will be studying the uncial lettering style - the perfect script to start your calligraphic journey.
The syllabus includes:
- Working in monoline tools such as pencil and biro
- Exploring the characteristics of pens, paper, nibs and inks
- Gaining an understanding of x-heights, ruling up, and spacing
- Learning (and practicing!) letter families, skeleton alphabets, numbers, and punctuation
- Developing decorated letters and more.
All Ardington ONLINE classes and talks are accompanied by their own online blackboard. Helpful and easy to use, they enable students and tutors to share resources, ideas and photos with each other – just as you would in a classroom environment.
Cheryl will offer personalised critique / feedback via the blackboard for any work uploaded by students within thirty days of the class ending. You will be sent the link to access your blackboard in the week before your class begins and will have access for at least sixty days after the class ends.
After the live session has finished on Zoom, we will share the link to view the recording on the blackboard. You can watch the recording as many times as you like for sixty days.
We suggest that you do not buy any specialist materials more than one week in advance as, occasionally, a class may be cancelled due to low enrolment.