ONLINE Mixed Media: Delightfully Decayed Doorways & Windows - Wed 17th April 2024 at 10am
Included in this ONLINE class:
- 2 hours of live, expert tuition in a small & friendly class
- Unlimited access to watch again until 16th June 2024
- High quality, downloadable reference materials & handouts provided after the class
- Opportunities to seek feedback from your tutor & connect with fellow students via our online blackboard
BOOKING DEADLINE: Wed 3rd April at 12pm UK TIME
Using a variety of acrylic pastes, aggregates and collage we will produce a series of samples creating layers & textures to represent rough, distressed and decaying surfaces.
Using these techniques, we will construct an interesting base for our painting of old decaying doorways and windows, then work in a combination of washes, thicker paint and drawn marks to create an atmospheric image. Sanding and wiping back through paint layers and adding detail as needed, we will build a complex surface and an impression of delightful decay.
So, raid the kitchen cupboard for unlikely textures to mix with your paint, grab your favourite colours and have a play with some unusual techniques!
Specific skills you will learn
- Use of mediums, pastes & aggregates
- Constructing and sealing a textured ground
- Working with watercolours / inks / acrylics
- Creating distressed layers
All Ardington ONLINE classes and talks are accompanied by their own online class page. Helpful and easy to use, these private pages enable students and tutors to share resources, ideas and photos with each other – before, during, and after class.
Karen will offer personal feedback for any work submitted via the class page within thirty days of the class ending. The link to access the page will be shared via email in the days leading up to the class.
We suggest that you do not buy any specialist materials more than one week in advance as, occasionally, a class may be cancelled due to low enrolment.