ONLINE Linoprinting in Colour - Wed 7th February 2024 at 10am
Included in this ONLINE class:
- 2 hours of live, expert tuition in a small & friendly class
- Unlimited access to watch again until 7th April 2024
- High quality, downloadable templates & handouts
- Opportunities to seek feedback from your tutor & connect with fellow students via our online blackboard
BOOKING DEADLINE: Wed 24th January at 12pm UK TIME
Tutor: Karen Carter
Class timings (UK time)
Wed 7th February 10am - 12pm
Equipment & materials list
Next up in our 'Printing without a Press' series, is this two-hour class exploring the options of linoprinting in colour.
A great follow on from our 'Introduction to Linoprinting' class, this time we will be going beyond the basics into colour printing, looking at a a wide variety of techniques; from freeform painterly approaches to registration techniques for precise prints.
There will be a very brief recap of basic techniques, however this session is all about exploring colour – we will be using blends & rainbow rolls, spot colour, masks, a nifty cutting and sticking technique, and the use of collage.
No need to work along with Karen during this class - just sit back, watch & learn.
Specific skills you will learn
- Creating designs suitable for linoprinting
- Using masks and registration devices
- Materials & tools for getting the best results when handprinting
- A variety of colour inking & printing techniques
All Ardington ONLINE classes and talks are accompanied by their own online blackboard. Helpful and easy to use, they enable students and tutors to share resources, ideas and photos with each other – just as you would in a classroom environment.
Karen will offer feedback via the blackboard for any work uploaded by students within thirty days of the class ending. You will be sent the link to access your blackboard in the week before your class begins and will have access for at least sixty days after the class ends.
After the live session has finished on Zoom, we will share the link to view the recording on the blackboard. You can watch the recording as many times as you like for sixty days.
We suggest that you do not buy any specialist materials more than one week in advance as, occasionally, a class may be cancelled due to low enrolment.